Financial Options Trading Programme
Duration : 3 Months
Pre – Requisites : None
Programme Fee : £3,500
Attendance : Online w/ Weekly Online Q and A sessions
Skill Level : Beginner – Advance
Start Date : Continues
This course covers the principles of Options Trading in a comprehensive and unique manner, including a look at both the theoretical and practical aspects.
The aim of the course is to provide a thorough education on Options Theory which is an absolute necessity if one wants to excel in Options Trading. The delegate will be able to build their own trading strategies utilising options and will be provided with our tested strategies to use as a starting point.
Why this course?
Most option courses do not teach the theoretical aspects of option pricing and trading. They only teach you how to place orders in accordance to pre-built strategies, without the student understanding why they work.
In this course we provide students with a strong foundation of the theoretical elements, as such the student will be able to understand why the strategies they will be using work, how they are built, and most importantly, they will have the capability to develop new strategies.
We stress that it is not possible to achieve this without a strong theoretical background; hence it is a core tenant of this course.
How will the course be taught?
- Every week, the students study the pre-recorded video modules through our innovative online learning portal
- Assignments and exercises will be provided and reviewed
- Every Friday for 3 months, there is a 1-hour session including: market commentary, question and answer, reviewing exercises, and live trading
Why should you listen to Alberto?
Alberto has been in the financial industry for more than 15 years. In that time, he has achieved some incredible feats. Here are just a few of the highlights of his experience in the industry:
- He possesses over 15 years of professional trading experience.
- He is regularly invited to speak in financial markets and economics lectures in major UK universities, including Middlesex University, University of Warwick, London Metropolitan University.
- He is a Fitch-Certified Quant and, unlike most, he is among the few who can prove it.
- He acts as an institutional advisor for two London-based Hedge Funds.
- He is involved in extensive research projects, investigating the feasibility of using Artificial Intelligence in trading.
Will the course be interactive?
Yes. You can ask questions at any point during the course, and this is encouraged. Interactivity is the central reason as to why this course is limited to 10 applicants at a time, so we can ensure each one of our students is getting the best education and attention possible.
Are there any other courses that I will be required to purchase?
Absolutely not. This course is completely comprehensive. Once you complete the course you will have a refined and practical skill set, ready to be applied to the markets directly; you will not be required to purchase another course to gain the desired knowledge.
- Introduction to regulated markets
- Brief description of most common financial assets
- Options in everyday life
- The basics of calls and puts
- Basic quantitative finance for options trading
- Factors that influence options prices
- Black and Scholes model
- Different types of options
- Basics of Greeks: why the efficient market hypothesis is wrong
- Options on stocks and on futures
- Drawing expiration payoff by hand, why it is important
- Simple options strategies
- Trading psychology for options trading
- London Trading Institute’s Iron Condor strategies: systematic and discretionary
- Short straddle and back spread on indexes
- The covered write: covered call and put, static approach.
- Delta hedging protocols
- London Trading Institute’s core strategies: Vega negative strategy and determining the effective hedging protocol to use on sold options on EURUSD and GBPUSD Futures
- Options strategies on ETF; how to start trading on small accounts
- Dynamic vertical spread strategies on zn, gc and es futures.
- Math primer
- Math for quantitative finance
- Basic statistics: normal distribution, mean, standard deviation, z-score, stocks return distribution
- How time, volatility, interest rates and underlying price influence options prices
- The Greeks: a recap for already experienced traders
- Static hedging
- Most common options pricing models.
- Black and Scholes pricing model. An easy and practical approach
- Monte Carlo simulations and options price
- Excel spreadsheet and Monte Carlo simulations for options pricing
- Different options types: American , European, Asian.
- Options on indexes, futures, stocks, ETF/ETN
- Covered write, dynamic approach: covered put and covered call writing.
- Different types of volatility, implied and realised, why options selling offers a hedge over option buying
- How to use technical analysis to find the best level where options should be sold
- Advanced multi-leg option strategies: ratio spread, butterfly, diagonal spread, calendar spread.
- Advanced Greeks: how to chart each of them and study relationship between Greeks with moneyness, implied volatility and time to expiration.
- Second Order Greeks: some of them are actually useful
- Dynamic hedging
- LTI core strategy advanced : Vega negative portfolio combining options and futures, on EUR, USD, GBP, oil, gold, and s&p500 futures
- Advanced way to manage a vega negative portfolio: boxing, buyback, further options
- Selling on different levels and rolling.
- Volatility skews and smiles
- Volatility filters for option trading
- Trading psychology for options trading.
Why Learn Options?
Options trading allows you to take control of an asset – like a stock – but for a fraction of the cost without ever having to buy it. Instead of investing all your capital into owning something, you can simply take control of it and benefit from any movement in your direction whilst limiting your risk.
Unlike traditional markets such as FX, there are also options trading strategies where you can benefit from other factors such as an increase or decrease in volatility. This makes options trading a much more sophisticated and powerful tool.
Trading options without the correct knowledge can also be very dangerous, as there can be a lot of complexity when you don’t understand the mechanics. For example, it is much easier to buy a stock where if it goes up you make money, or when it goes down you lose money.
Trading Options has More Ways to Win Than any Other Securities!
Options offer a much more powerful solution where you can make money even if the market doesn’t move. Or even if you are wrong on direction there are some options trading strategies you can use that allow you to profit when you are wrong.
Options Trading Course
As with all our programmes, flexible learning is essential. That’s why we offer you the opportunity to learn options trading directly on our London Trading Floor, or online
The programme was created and is taught directly by Alberto Pallotta, our Senior Quantitative Trader. A seasoned professional with a verified track record in options trading and a multitude of accolades and qualifications, Alberto brings with him years of experience, expertise, and cutting-edge options trading know-how. He makes it look easy – and by the time you’ve finished going through his course, you’ll be the one making it look easy!
Why is this important? Well there is a lot of mis-sold information on the internet from people claiming you can win 90% of your trades using options trading strategies such as trading credit spreads. Of course, this is not necessarily completely incorrect, but what they fail to teach you is that when it finally doesn’t work you will lose all your money.
If you are looking for a professional options trading course in London or online, you have come to the right place.
We only teach you options trading strategies that we trade ourselves. Our focus is on helping you understand the risks involved as well as the opportunities available using options versus trading the underlying.
There are no magic pills or get-rich-quick methods that really work, but there are tools that only very few sophisticated professional investors/traders use, which can give you a big competitive edge over others.
It Is Simple!
You may have heard that Options trading is extremely difficult. In these courses we look to dispel that myth and show you that trading Options can be as simple or complex as you make it.